Solgar® EPA/GLA Softgels contain omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, as
well as GLA.
Good fats, or Omega-3 fatty acids as they are known, are essential fatty
acids. They are called essential as the body is not able to make it on
its own. Solgar® EPA/GLA consists of the most important types of Omega
3 EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid). These are
commonly found in oily fish such as sardines, mackerel and salmon. GLA
(Gamma-linolenic Acid), which is also found in this formula, is derived
from borage seed oil. Borage, also known as starflower, is an herb commonly
found in Asia, North Africa and Europe. It has been used since ancient
times in traditional medicine and is a rich source of fatty acids. This
formula also includes vitamin E which can help protect cells against oxidative
Solgar® EPA/GLA provides the body with this trio of essential fatty
acids, taken as 1 softgel a day.
DHA and EPA contributes to normal:
• Triglyceride levels** beneficial effect is obtained with 2g per
day. Do not take more than 5g of EPA and DHA from supplements.
• Brain function
• Function of the heart *** beneficial effect is obtained with a
daily intake of 250 mg of EPA and DHA.
DHA contributes to the maintenance of:
• Normal vision*** beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake
of 250 mg of EPA and DHA.
• Natural source of Omega-3 fatty acids and GLA
• EPA and DHA from fish oil concentrate
• Includes GLA from borage seed oil
• Omega-3 has been found to support brain and eyes
• Heart health friendly